My Cycling Team

My Cycling Team

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

week 11=fundraising events















































only 6 weeks left until my century ride on June 6th.

I sacrificed my saturday training to raise money by holding a garage sale. Coincidentally, my neighborhood was holding a community garage sale so I didn't have to do any of the promotion. It turned out to be a worthwhile sacrifice since I made $400. This puts me at $2500. You can still help me raise $1400 more to reach my goal.

On monday night, my team organized a fundraising event at a restaurant with a silent auction. Our honored teammate, Laura shared her story. She is such an inspirational person because of her positive outlook in life. Though she's only in her late 40's, she has the body of an 85 year old woman after intensive chemotherapy and radiation. She was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia and was given a poor prognosis of 6 months to live. She obviously beat the odds and was able to witness one of her daughters walk down the aisle. She continues to fight daily and continues to have a smile on her face. She reminded us the reason we were all gathered that evening to fight saving lives.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the successful garage sale! Whoo hoo!

    I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it to your fundraising dinner on Monday. What a powerful story from your honored teammate. ::hugs::

    I'm so proud of you for doing this. You really push yourself to go outside of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete