My Cycling Team

My Cycling Team

Monday, April 5, 2010

week 8, Griffifth Park, 50 miles
















We are halfway there with our training. This was my favorite ride because there were several rolling hills so that meant a lot of downhills too. I got really comfortable cycling downhill and I lost my fear of losing control; I just enjoyed the moment. I received pretty nifty compliments from my coach, assistant coach, and mentor. My coach said that it's pretty common for a light rider to be good at climbing hills but not as common to see light riders do well going downhill because not many pedal. The assistant coach said to my coach, "I have created a speed demon." My top speed was 32 miles per hour. Freedom but tiring too! Surprisingly, I didn't feel as sore anymore as I usually do the next two days after a long training.

The highlight of the day for me was carpooling with my buddy, Joyce, who is training for a marathon. It was great to catch up with old times. The reason we were able to carpool was because TNT's marathoners (26.2 miles or 13.1 miles), hikers (18 miles to Yosemite), triathletes, and cyclists all came together for a social event after our training. Here is an update of our fundraising efforts. I have raised ~$1500, my cycling team have raised $25,000, our Great LA Chapter have raised $700,000. What a great progress! Thank you to all those who have donated.

1 comment: