My Cycling Team

My Cycling Team

Saturday, April 10, 2010

week 9, Long Beach, 55miles


Our team met in El Dorado Park at 7:30am for our route from Long Beach to Irvine and back. For the last 2 weeks, I have pondered over taking my training to the next level by joining the faster group. I felt excited to challenge myself and nervous about being able to hang with the pace. I was ecstatic I did because I loved every second of it! The group was very encouraging, supportive, and welcoming. Today was the perfect transition to step it up since our route wasn't as hilly and I was familiar with the area.

Coach Charlie met up with us on the road with his dance music blasting from his bike. He has a sports bottle which also functions as a speaker for an ipod. It was one of the coolest things I had seen today. In addition, one of the mentors from our group has a computer bike which is also a GPS. We actually missed a turn during our route so the computer bike came in really handy.

The weather was really windy especially during our ride back to the park; of course the sun came out when our route was almost over. Luckily, today's bike path was the friendliest bike route of all the trainings we have done since there was a bike lane 90% of the time. Overall, our group did 57 miles in 4 hours, 56 minutes averaging 15 miles per hour. The time includes 2 SAG (Support And Gear which is refueling our bodies and taking potty breaks) stops, stop signs, and street lights. Go Team!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am so proud of you for making the transition the faster group! You go, girl.

    ReplyDelete