My Cycling Team

My Cycling Team

Thursday, February 11, 2010

my firsts...

went to a bike store on pioneer and artesia. i bought my first helmet. red was the only color they had. i don't mind. it's a one size fits all and has an adjuster on the back of the head. it was about $50 which wasn't bad compared to other helmets that can cost up to $100.

i got an approval for a carwash from the manager of fudrucker's in lakewood. he was very supportive. his wife is in remission from breast cancer since Dec.2009. i am very pleased!

thanks to tweety, i got "fitted" for a bike today from jax bike shop in long beach on spring st. and bellflower blvd. the lady knew i was a first timer and she showed me the ropes. with my 5'3" frame, i can fit 47cm-50cm road bikes or 15" hybrid. wow, i actually learned some terminologies. it was overwhelming looking at the numerous gadgets you can get and need for a bike. man, it's a costly sport. there's bikes in the shop that cost a couple of thousand dollars.

i got my first donors from my fundraising webpage today. my generous donors are my mom and drs.jay and suzanne lieberman. i feel so blessed! i am feeling pretty good about the progress with the fundraising. so far so good! just gotta keep pushing through...

1 comment: