My Cycling Team

My Cycling Team

Saturday, March 6, 2010

week 4-Rose Bowl, Pasadena

Our team met in Rose Bowl Aquatics Center to do 30 miles today, yes, that included riding in the rain from light to heavy rainfall. It that didn't prepare us for the rain, I don't know what will. There's even a slight second that I felt hail and actually tasted it in my mouth. Today's training was the most challenging yet-lots of elevation. My slow pace group split in two towards the end of the ride. I decided to go along with the faster group. I called "gap" so many times and I felt really bad slowing the group down but they were very encouraging. No falls for me this time so I am very pleased. We rode through the affluent neighborhood of Pasadena. The landscaping, architecture, flowers, and designs of the homes were exquisite. It was quite a scenic route. Though there were quite a few elevations today, that also meant a lot of downhills. This was the most fun! Of course, after the team was done with our training, what happened? The rain stopped and the sun appeared =)

On my drive home, I passed by 10 cars off road, 7 due to accidents, and 3 were just parked off the shoulder for whatever reason.

I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment