My Cycling Team

My Cycling Team

Sunday, March 14, 2010

week 5-Malibu

The perfect was weather this time! As oppose to riding along last week's residential homes, this week we rode along the coast by the beach. This ride was all about nature-smelling the ocean breeze, watching the surfers, seeing the waves break... We also saw a dead cat and a dead rat along the way. There were several "witches" during this training. Witches are uphills which were quite challenging. Thanks to one of our mentors, he showed me tips on shifting into a proper gear to lessen the workload on my legs. What a big difference! The mentor nicknamed me "Mountain Goat." I was the fastest rider to go up the hills in our group. He also nicknamed me "Stunt Woman" because I kept falling off my bike. The first time because I was sandwiched between two cyclists and we made a sudden stop at a stop light. The 2nd time because the person in front of me slowed quickly and I overlapped her tire. I scratched my right knee again but only mildy and the 2nd time I fell gracefully without hurting myself.

I really enjoyed the breathtaking view of Malibu.

No comments:

Post a Comment